WE’VE ACHIEVED SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN ALL SECTORS, SAYS GOV AKEREDOLU
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, CON represented by his Deputy, Hon Lucky Aiyedatiwa has declared that the current administration in the State has made significant probusiness policy reforms that is reinflating the economy of the State.
The Deputy Governor made this disclosure during the courtesy visit of the participants of syndicate 5 of The Executive Intelligence Management Course (EIMC) 16 of the National Institute for Security Studies, Bwari-Abuja, held at Cocoa Conference Hall, Governor’s Office, Alagbaka, Akure on Monday.
The Team led by their Team leader, Mr Bartholomew Omoaka fsi, a Deputy Director, DSS, were in the State as part of their study tour on “Globalization: Implications for Regional Integration and Sustainable Development in Africa” .
In his speech, Aiyedatiwa said Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu’s administration has streamlined it’s operations and services to the public, making government offices more accessible, efficient and business-friendly.
He also highlighted some of the landmark achievements of the present administration, like;
- Improvement in the security situation in the State as a result of cordial working relationship between Amotekun Corps and other security agencies in the State.
- Construction of the first of it’s-kind flyover at the cross-section of Lagos- Benin Expressway, Ore.
- Significant increase in the Internally Generated Revenue from paltry #700 million inherited in 2017 to an average of #2.5 Billion.
- Construction/Rehabilitation of over 294.11 km of roads have been completed, while little above 100km are ongoing across the State.
- Construction of a State-of-the-art Governor’s lodge is ongoing and nearing completion.
- Building of 250 bed Hospital in each of the Ondo and Akure complexes of UNIMED.
- Offsetting six out of the inherited seven months salary arrears have been paid, as workers salaries are up-to-date.
- Renovation of over 600 public primary schools.
- Reactivated the afforestation projects in the State as 10,000 Hectares of the State afforestation sited at Omotoso in Okitipupa LG worth#20 Billion and has led to the employment of over 1,000 youths in the State.
- Establishment of Industries both at the Industrial Park and the Ondo-Linyi Industrial Hub in Ore which has employed close to 2,000 workers.
The Deputy Governor also disclosed that the State has recorded commendable development in manufacturing, creation of Innovation Hubs, engendering Private-Public-Partnerships ( PPP ) and promoting agriculture as a business.
Aiyedatiwa said, “empowering and training of thousands of youths to become agriprenurs has also been undertaken by our administration”.
“Our admiration has established an Entrepreneurship Agency: the Ondo State Entrepreneurship Agency (ONDEA) with mission of poverty eradication, job creation and economic development through entrepreneurship” .
“Through this agency, we have trained over 10,000 people in various skills throughout the State”, he disclosed.
The Deputy Governor further revealed that, “another significant programme is ‘cyber money’ (the legit business online )- which is a progressive set of activities culminating in the harnessing of creative young individuals who storm the internet for fraudulent activities to help reform and reposition them to earn legitimately online” .
“The education and reorientation through our programmes have been transforming the mindset of the youths to move them from one of job seekers to that of job creation” , he said.
He also appealed to investors to leverage on the business opportunities in the State as there are enhancement of business environment for job and wealth creation.
“We are changing the narrative of Ondo State from Public-Service State to business and investors hub” , declared Aiyedatiwa.
The Deputy Governor and some of the State Executive members at the event fielded questions from members of the visiting team on the issues of governance in the State, as well as about opportunities in the State.
Again, the Deputy Governor emphasized that the proposed Ondo Deep Sea Port remain the big deal to the people of the sunshine state, neighbouring States and Nigeria.
Earlier, the leader of the visiting team, Mr Bartholomew Omoaka fsi, expressed his sincere appreciation to the government of Ondo State for the warm reception given them.
According to a statement signed by
Press Secretary to Governor, Office of Deputy Governor, the leader commended Governor Akeredolu’s approach to governance, describing him as an inspiration to upcoming leaders.
He also enjoined the State government to put in globalization outlook when forming state policy direction as he equally appealed to the State to at least have a participant from the State in the coming training of the National Institute for Security Studies next year.
Joining the Deputy Governor at the event are, Secretary to Ondo State Government, Princess Oladunni Odu, Chief of Staff to Governor, Chief Olugbenga Ale, Head of Service, Pastor Kayode Ogundele, State Executive Council members, State Director of DSS, Mr Jonathan Kure, State Director, Defence Intelligence Agency ( DIA ), Mr Adeyemi Olugbenga and others.