COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE CONGRESS OF SPORTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (SWAN) ONDO STATE CHAPTER HELD ON THURSDAY 12TH OCTOBER, 2023 AT SWAN SECRETARIAT, AKURE.
The Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, (SWAN), Ondo State Chapter held its congress on Thursday, 12th October 2023, and resolved as follows:
- Members of the Association were commended for their efforts in ushering in a new set of executive members and enjoined to embrace love as well as unity for the progress of the Association.
- Managements of Sunshine Stars FC and Sunshine Queens FC were urged to do all necessary things to move the clubs forward among their peers in the NPL and NWFL respectively. Furthermore, they were called upon to do all required by NPFL and NWFL to ensure that Ondo State Sports Complex, Akure continues to host home games.
- The Congress thanked Sunshine Stars FC management for supporting SWAN members during ther home games in Akure. However, it craves same gesture to watch the club’s away matches.
- Members frowned at the appointment by Sunshine Stars of a non-member as Public Relations Officer, a move which is in conflict with the position of Media Officer already filled by a SWAN member.
- Congress commended Ondo State Football Association for sustaining the sponsorship of Bet9ja Ondo State Football League for the second year running.
- Ondo SWAN urged all members to be more active in activities of the Association and do the needful to register for 2024 through the State SWAN secretariat and in good time.
- The Association set up a 3-man committee to see to the condition of the Association’s bus and advise on how it can be put back to good use.
Eniola Olurankinse (Chairman, Communique Drafting Committee)
Adekojo Omotayo (Member, Communique Drafting Committee)
Jacob Akintunde (Secretary, Communique Drafting Committee)