Ondo State Government has expressed appreciation to God that no life was lost in the attack against Sunshine Stars Football Club by men of the underworld along Ore-Benin expressway.
A statement by Ondo State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development, Bamidele Ologunloluwa, in Akure said he had been monitoring events since the incident on Thursday, December 7, 2023 especially the gunshot victims.
Ologunloluwa said the state government condemns the attack on innocent citizens who were going about their businesses and urged security agencies to fish out the perpetrators.
“We want to use this opportunity to thank God that no life was lost in the incident and that those who sustained gun shot injuries are safe and are now in Benin despite the incident.
“We also appreciate Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) for helping to take our injured ball boy and others to a medical facility, thereby helping in saving his life and others.
“The state government condemns in strong terms the attack on the team, hence we call on security agencies to help fish out perpetrators of such inhumane attack on our players that have been bringing joy to people of the state.
”I urge teeming supporters and followers of Sunshine Stars and Nigerians to continue praying for all those who sustained injuries in the attack and rest assured that the state government is on top of the situation,” he said.
Ologunloluwa later appreciated the teeming support and for the show of love by members of the Nigeria football family, stakeholders, followers, and supporters of the team at this trying time.